News and Events
In a nutshell:
· All fundraising done now is just to keep the Community Centre open.
· There is one regular fundraiser now: the Brunch on the first Sunday of the month
· Net proceeds from the Brunches and hall rental donations are not enough to pay the Community Centre bills.
· There are not enough committed volunteers to hold additional events.
· Poor attendance on the part of Jocko Point/Beaucage residents makes it pointless to try to hold additional events.
Do we keep the Community Centre open?
Jocko Beaucage Community Services Board position descriptions
|Vice-President position description.pdf||Apr 24, 2017 3:47 PM|
|Secretary position duties.pdf||Apr 24, 2017 3:47 PM|
|Activity Director position description.pdf||Apr 24, 2017 3:48 PM|
|Communication Director position description (2017).pdf||Oct 02, 2017 11:03 AM|
|Administration Director position description.pdf||Apr 24, 2017 3:50 PM|
|Treasurer position duties.pdf||Apr 24, 2017 3:57 PM|
|Building Director position description.pdf||Apr 24, 2017 3:59 PM|
|Kitchen Director position duties.pdf||Apr 24, 2017 4:00 PM|
Union Gas began construction after the May long weekend .
Nipissing First Nation Economic Development Officer Tom Lambert distributed promissory notes at a general meeting on May 4. If you couldn't attend the meeting, contact Tom to obtain your copy.
Currently the cost per registrants stands at about $2,000. The more registrants there are, the lower the cost for each registrant is.
Listed below are links to files provided by Tom. Contact Tom for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
View/Download Natural Gas Files
|2nd STEP GET CONNECTED, 2017.pdf||487.1KB|
|Contractor List 2017.pdf||764.7KB|
On April 1, 2016, ownership of our firefighting equipment, personnel, trucks and building was transferred to Nipissing First Nation, so that our firefighting team could be amalgamated with Nipissing First Nation Fire Services.
A fire station continues to be maintained here at Jocko Point.
Volunteer firefighters are needed.
The Community Centre is leased from Nipissing First Nation.
For the Memorandum of Understanding concerning the amalgamation, click here.