PRINT this page once you have filled in the form.
Be prepared to show it to a Fire Dept. official on request.
A copy will be e-mailed to the Fire Dept. when you click on the Submit button.
Fire Burning Permit
"Open air burning shall not be permitted unless approved, OR unless such burning consists of:
a small confined fire
supervised at all times,
used to cook food on a grill or barbeque."
When a burn ban is in effect, all permits are suspended until the ban has been lifted.
- Burning shall be conducted between the hours of 6 pm and 6 am.
- The permit holder shall ensure that an adult is present at and attends the fire at all times until it has been completely extinguished.
- The permit holder shall ensure that there is adequate equipment present (water hose, water bucket, shovel, and rake) to prevent the fire from spreading beyond control.
- Burning shall not be conducted in windy conditions. Fires must be located away from the tree line.
- The permit holder shall ensure that the fire does not cause discomfort to other persons or impair visibility on the public roadway.
This burn permit is valid for a period of 1 week unless otherwise indicated by the Fire Department.